Over the past 6 or so months, I've gotten close with an amazing group of women. It took the encouragement of one in particular that words cannot describe how grateful I am that she believed in me, took the time to "dummy" it down, push, and then run right beside me as I finished my first ever 10km race. Love to hate... Hate to Love these awesome ladies! NOPE... I wasn't the fastest (heck, not even close - TURTLE TURTLE), however was determined. I was able to run, the entire race - non-stop, with my super amazing friend right beside me, pacing me, and making sure I didn't give up. I'm down a few "sizes" in the looks department, and for the first time... in a long time... am unafraid to wake up and look in the mirror. I actually CRAVE exercise now. weird. who knew that could happen?! Anyways... mushy stuff aside... I am truly blessed to have this group in my life! #YOLO.
Gluten-Free NO BAKE Cookies-n-Cream Cheesecake Bites
- 1 pkg Gluten Free "oreo" type cookies
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Whipping Cream ( Heavy Cream)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- mini-cupcake liners (if using the mini muffin pan, if not - regular cupcake liners to match size of pan)
- Put 12 of the GF Oreo-like Cookies in a medium sized ziplock bag, using a rolling pin, elbow, whatever works ... crush cookies into fine crumbs
- Divide the crumbs evenly between the cupcake liners, pressing with your thumb to form a solid base for your mini-cheesecakes
- Using the Whisk attachment with your mixer, whip the Whipping Cream on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Scrap with a spatula into a medium sized bowl, set aside.
- Place cream cheese, vanilla, sugar in the mixer bowl. Using paddle attachment, mix on high until well blended and smooth.
- Place remaining cookies in ziplock bag, this time, crush so that there are larger pieces left (for the yummy chunky bits in the cheesecakes)
- Fold in the chunky cookie bits into the cream cheese mixture
-Fold in the Whipped Cream
- Spoon mixture onto top of crumb base. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
Feel free to lick spoons.. bowls.. fingers..... while you are waiting for them to set in the fridge!
Being that I was headed off to a dinner with GF (Gluten Free) friends.... I couldn't just stop at one sweet treat! ... heck, it had been awhile.. I was on a roll.... here's a SNEAK PEAK... at the next upcoming post.... Gluten Free Lemon Meringue Bites...... See ya'll soon!